ITIL 4 is built on the established core of best practice in the ITIL guidance. ITIL 4 provides a practical and flexible approach to move to the new world of digital transformation and embrace an end-to-end operating model for the delivery and operation of products and services. ITIL 4 also provides a holistic end-to-end picture that integrates frameworks such as Lean IT, Agile, and DevOps.
The ITIL 4 Foundation course provides delegates with the skills and knowledge on modern IT-enabled services, to provide them with an understanding of the common language and key concepts and to show them how they can improve their work and the work of their organization with ITIL 4 guidance.
In addition, this course will provide candidates with an understanding of the ITIL 4 service management framework and how it has evolved to adopt modern technologies and ways of working. This course will further teach delegates on a flexible, coordinated and integrated system for the effective governance and management of IT-enabled services.
The ITIL® 4 Foundation course fundamentally targets the participants in the IT and business domains who wish to take first steps in service management or who are familiar with earlier versions of ITIL and/or other sources of industry best practice and wish to learn about ITIL 4. This course and the related certification can be beneficial for the following roles:
- IT Support Staff
- IT Consultants
- Business Managers
- Business Process Owners
- IT Developers
- Service Providers
- System Integrators
- None, although a familiarity with IT service delivery will be beneficial.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the key concepts of ITIL service management.
- Understand how ITIL guiding principles can help an organization to adopt and adapt ITIL service management.
- Understand the four dimensions of ITIL service management.
- Understand the purpose and components of the ITIL service value system, and activities of the service value chain, and how they interconnect.
- Understand the key concepts of continual improvement.
- Learn the various ITIL practices and how they contribute to value chain activities
Associated Certification & Exam
This course will prepare delegates to take the ITIL 4 Foundation Examination in IT Service Management.
Successfully passing this exam will result in the attainment of the ITIL 4 Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management.
- Although not compulsory, attendance of an instructor-led ITIL Foundation course is highly recommended.
- 40 questions, multiple choice examination
- Closed Book
- 60 minutes
- Candidates taking the exam in a language that is not their native or working language may be awarded 25% extra time, i.e. 75 minutes in total.
- 65% or higher
On successful completion of this course students will receive a Tomwim Technologies attendance certificate.