|SDI Foundation||SDI Analyst||SDI Manager|
Service Desk Institute (SDI) Analyst
Aimed at service desk and support analysts with at least 9 months experience in an IT service and support environment. Training and certification provides essential development and a recognized certification.
The support provided by a service desk analyst are crucial to business success and survival. The tasks performed by analysts are diverse set of skills are required to be a successful service desk analyst.
The Service Desk Analyst course equips service desk analyst with the requisite skills to deliver excellent customer service and support. The course also examines support methodologies and technologies and the tools utilised within a service desk environment and how these may be used effectively and efficiently.
The course also reviews concepts like Service Level Agreements, the benefits and pitfalls of service desk tools and methods, the importance of metrics and the implementation of Service Management processes and effective problem solving techniques that a Service desk Analyst can utilise.
This course is based upon the standards and objectives for SDI’s Service Desk Analyst qualification and ensures delegates are provided with the knowledge, information and tools to sit the SDA examination.
- Roles and responsibilities
- Relationship management & team work
- Effective communication skills and competencies
- Problem solving practices & techniques
- Effective rapport and conflict management skills
- Effective processes management & documentation
- IT Service Management – the role of the service desk in:
- incident management
- problem management
- change management
- service continuity management
- security and access management
- knowledge management, and
- service level management
- Quality assurance activities, customer satisfaction surveys and metrics
- Tools and technologies (basics of PBX, ACD and IP telephony, CTI, self-service and self-healing technology)
- Practice exam and review
The formal course is based on a set of lectures supported by slides, student handbook, exercises and sample examination questions. This course consists of a student manual that expand on the topics covered in the lectures. Students should use this material to prepare for the exam.
Candidates must have at least 9 months of service desk experience of the SDI foundation certification
- 60 questions
- multiple choice
- 60 minutes
- 45 or more (75%) to pass.