|SDI Foundation||SDI Analyst||SDI Manager|
Service Desk Institute (SDI) Manager
Designed for both new and experienced service desk managers, team leaders and supervisors with between 3 and 5 years’ experience of the service desk environment.
IT operations managers and team leaders will also benefit from attending this course.
The SDM course is a 4 day course that aims to prepare Service Desk Managers, Shift Leaders and Supervisors for their role as a manager in a service desk environment. The course is based on the standards and objectives for SDI’s Service Desk Manager (SDM) qualification and ensures delegates are provided with the knowledge, information and tools to sit the SDI SDM examination.
- Roles and responsibilities
- Relationship management & team work
- Effective communication skills and competencies
- Problem solving practices and techniques
- Effective conflict management skills and building rappor
- Establishing effective for processes and procedures for call handling and documentation
- IT Service Management – the role of the service desk in:
- incident management
- problem management
- change management
- service continuity management
- security and access management
- knowledge management, and
- service level management
- Quality assurance activities, customer satisfaction surveys and metrics
- Tools and technologies (basics of PBX, ACD and IP telephony, CTI, self-service and self-healing technology)
- Staff recruitment, retention and development
- work environment
- reward and recognition strategies,
- employee and customer satisfaction programmes,
- performance management,
- staff motivation,
- Leadership and management
- the effective leader and manager,
- improve your professional development,
- Improve teamwork,
- coaching & mentoring, and
- stress management
- Practice exam and review
The formal course is based on a set of lectures supported by slides, student handbook, exercises and sample examination questions. This course consists of a student manual that expand on the topics covered in the lectures. Students should use this material to prepare for the exam.
3 to 5 years’ experience in a service desk or support environment. Holding the SDI Analyst Certificate is ideal.
- 60 questions
- multiple choice
- 60 minutes
- 45 or more (75%) to pass.